The time might have come for Chelsea to cash in on one of their longest and most loyal servants.
According to reports, LaLiga giants Barcelona are eager to take winger Willian to Camp Nou before the January transfer window closes on Friday.
The experienced Brazilian has been with Chelsea since 2013, but his contract is due to expire at the end of the season.
TOP STORY – BARCA WANT WILLIAN
Barcelona will test Chelsea’s resolve with a late €23.6million (£20m) offer for Willian, Sky Sports have reported.
The Blaugrana are said to be are “long-term admirers” of the 31-year-old and hope to have him on board for the remainder of their title battle against Real Madrid.
Willian could leave Stamford Bridge on a free at the end of June if Chelsea choose not to cash in now.
Frank Lampard last month said contract talks were ongoing with the former Shakhtar Donetsk attacker, but he has not yet agreed a new deal.
– News of Barca’s approach comes amid suggestions they have had an eye-watering €100m (£85m) offer for Richarlison rejected by Everton, rumours the Mirror indicates have been laughed off at Goodison Park.
– Chelsea, however, could be preparing their Willian replacement. According to the Daily Mail, the Premier League top-four aspirants are looking to sign 32-year-old Napoli forward Dries Mertens for a cut-price £6m fee.
– Barca, meanwhile, are trying to find a new home for Philippe Coutinho after learning Bayern Munich will not activate their €120m option to buy the on-loan playmaker, say Catalunya Radio.
– England international Danny Rose will spend the remainder of the season at Newcastle United after Tottenham accepted a £2m loan fee for the left-back, claim the Guardian.
– Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund must improve their bid from €22m to €30m to convince Serie A champions Juventus to part with midfielder Emre Can, claim CalcioMercato.